Out of home placements settings include:
- Foster homes, including receiving homes, family foster homes, treatment foster home and pre-adoptive foster homes
- Unlicensed relative and non-relative homes
- Group homes
- Residential care centers (RCCs)
- Shelter care
- Trial reunification
- Missing from out-of-home care
- Supervised independent living
- Hospital/mental health facility
These figures are taken from an annual report on Wisconsin children in out of home care, compiled by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. The reports can be found here.
The denominator for this indicator is the number of children in each county ages 17 and under, divided by 1,000. Population figures for the number of children ages 17 and under for each county are taken from OJJDP's Easy Access to Juvenile Populations, and are available as a separate indicator in the Kids Count Data Center.