This indicator shows the number of child care providers at each star rating, as of January of each year.
This data includes all childcare providers at each star level and both group and family providers (licensed group, licensed family, certified family and public school). The higher the star level, the higher the quality rating for the indicated providers. The maximum number of stars is five. Providers for which a rating is pending are not included in these figures.
For purposes of child care ratings, the state is divided into the following six regions:
- Milwaukee County
- Kenosha and Racine Counties
- The Southern region, which includes the counties of Adams, Juneau, Columbia, Sauk, Richland, Crawford, Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, Dane, Green, Dodge, Jefferson, Waukesha, Rock, and Walworth.
- The Western region, which includes the counties of Douglas, Burnett, Washburn, Rusk, Barron, Polk, St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn, Chippewa, Eau Claire, Clark, Pepin, Buffalo, Trempealeau, Jackson, Lacrosse, Monroe, and Vernon.
- The Northern region, which includes the counties of Bayfield, Ashland, Sawyer, Iron, Vilas, Price, Oneida, Forest, Florence, Taylor, Lincoln, Langlade, Marathon, Wood, and Portage.
- The Northeastern region, which includes the counties of Marinette, Oconto, Menominee, Shawano, Waupaca, Outagamie, Grown, Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Calumet, Winnebago, Waushara, Marquette, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, and Washington.
The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families website includes YoungStar
YoungStar provider ratings as well as general information about the YoungStar program.